In honor of our Military and all the sacrifices they have made and continue to make I wanted to share the following statistics that were printed in Community Fellowship’s Bulletin, Sunday May 26th, as well as the video they played at the end of the Church Service.
“Did you know…?
– There are over 425,000 veterans in the greater Chicago area alone and over 2 million people in Illinois who are members of a military family
– Over 300,000 vets suffer from PTSD and many of them do not seek treatment
– About 67,000 vets will be homeless tonight and twice that many will experience homelessness at some point this year
– The unemployment rate of veterans is significantly higher than the national average
– A veteran takes his/her life every 80 minutes”
I hope that as a Church we will never stop praying for our veterans and soldiers. May we always remember to honor the sacrifices that they have made and continue to make to keep our country free. May we also never forget the adversities and afflictions that many of them encounter. And may we always be forever thankful…
“THIS IS A SOLDIER”